Monday, January 24, 2011

Why am I different

This is dedicated to my beautiful son, who has struggled with life and success because of being developmentally delayed. One day when helping him read and understands a assignment, he ask me why he was different?  why he could not just be a “man” and have everything his father had. He wanted to be a husband, a father; he wanted his drivers’ licenses and a job.   So Trent this is for you. May all your dreams and hopes come true, for your difference is truly what makes you strong and beautiful to me?   Love MOM

Momma why am I different?
What is wrong that with me?
Why my child are you afraid?
Everyone is different and yet they are the same
Have you ever seen the stars at night?
From far away the look the same
But when we look, each one is different
But they all shine the same way.
People are like the stars
From far away you do not see
But when we look closely  each of us is unique
Some have long and flowing hair
Some have hair that is curled so tight
Some of us are tall and straight
Some of us are short, it’s all the same
We are no more different then we are the same
The differences make us beautiful
Being the same is being human.
It does not matter, much to me
All are entitled to be treated with dignity  
When someone calls you handicap
Do not worry so much;
We are all handicapped, just in different ways
Each and every one of us are
Afraid to be different,
 And yet we hope were not the same.
So you are not different any more then you’re the same,

No comments:

Post a Comment